Saturday, May 14, 2011

Cover Art for Sultana Legacy

Today, I'm playing around with cover art for Sultana's Legacy, due this fall. I've narrowed down the cover images to two favorites (I've had them in mind for quite a while). Now, I'm considering the design and layout. I turned to Createspace's Cover Creator, which is a great resource for writers on a budget, like me. It offers thirty templates to choose from and immediately, a select few of the designs stood out as being appropriate for my work. As this is a much darker story, I want the sequel to Sultana to reflect a sombre mood. Here a a few samples I've come up with; what do you think?






   

3 comments:

Julie K. Rose said...

I really like the yellow (either version) or the black. I think I prefer the larger image on the yellow.

Nice!!

Lisa J Yarde said...

Hey Julie, thanks, they're great images to work with and I'm impressed by the options cover creator offers. This will be a tough one.

N. Gemini Sasson said...

From the top, the second one pops more, but it sounds like the bottom one might suit the tone of the story better.

Time flies when you're having fun, or writing novels.

It's been a tremendous twelve months. A new job and health issues have impacted my writing time, but I'm still at it, trying to wrap...