Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Updated website and blog


Have you ever seen a grown woman dissolve in a fit of total despair? You would have last week, when Tripod completely @#$%^&*"}?! my old site.

I'm a big girl, but watching years of hard work just disappear because someone at Tripod felt it was time for a site upgrade was NOT fun. Web stats? Gone. Ability to sell books directly from the site? Poof! Other custom HTML and hidden exclusives for readers of my book? No more. As for Tripod - gone too, at least my reliance on the company for web hosting. Never cancelled a contract so fast in my life.

If there's one thing I love about being a Scorpio, it's that wallowing in misery for too long is not an option. So, I spent part of what should have been a restful weekend setting up a new website. While those custom QR codes I had designed for readers of my book will now point to public pages that everyone can access, at least I salvaged most of the original elements. You can now find me on the web at www.lisajyarde.com. Please be sure to check out the new site and let me know what you think.

For a long time, I've wanted to link this blog to my website. Now that I've done that, it seemed time to update the look and feel too. This particular theme includes the Brooklyn Bridge, which fits perfectly given the blog's title - you got all that, right? 

Necessity isn't the only mother of invention. Sometimes, disaster works just as well.    

4 comments:

N. Gemini Sasson said...

I love the new look, Lisa! I'd say it all worked out in the end, although I'm sure it was a lot of work and you probably had other plans for your spare time. Makes me want to go back to NYC for a visit. We don't have those dazzling skylines out here in the Midwest.

Mirella Patzer said...

Oh, sorry to hear about Tripod losing your website. But this new one is fabulous. Love the Brooklyn Bridge.

Michelle Gregory said...

sorry it was disaster. the new sites look great.

Anita Davison said...

How frustrating to lose your website, but have to say I simply love the new background for your blog - it's beautiful and so you!!

Time flies when you're having fun, or writing novels.

It's been a tremendous twelve months. A new job and health issues have impacted my writing time, but I'm still at it, trying to wrap...