Friday, August 27, 2010

Taking a break

No, I don't actually fish - but I am going to a nice island where other people do lots of fishing. It's vacation time, and I can't wait.

What are my plans, now that I actually have some free time for the first time in months? I plan to do Absolutely Nothing! Well, nothing that is work or writing, editing or reviewing related, that is. But I will enjoy a few fun activities: the beach, hanging out with family, sightseeing. I've also got the reading list for the plane all set: I'll start with The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet by David Mitchell and coming back, I should be on Genghis: Bones of the Hill by Conn Iggulden, both of which I've been looking forward to reading for some time.

Be back in September. Have a great Labor Day.

2 comments:

Michelle Gregory said...

have a great time.

Lisa J Yarde said...

Thanks, Michelle. Started your Eldala this morning.

Time flies when you're having fun, or writing novels.

It's been a tremendous twelve months. A new job and health issues have impacted my writing time, but I'm still at it, trying to wrap...