Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Just What I Needed: Another Excuse To Avoid Writing

Thanks to my wonderful writing friend Anita Davison, who hosts the Disorganized Author blog, I finally have a personal blog. I'm a little late but as they say, better late than never. Anita, you are a dear. Thanks again for setting me on the path to another excuse to avoid writing my chapters!

So, a bit about me; I'm a writer of historical fiction and historical romances. My favorite time period is medieval, but Roman history and ancient Egypt also interest me. What do I like to write? Historicals mainly. How many projects am I working on? Lots of them, all at varying stages.

Completed: Bound by Blood is set in 11th century Normandy and England. Sultana -The Legacy is a historical fiction novel, set in 13th century Moorish Spain.

Works In Progress: Renegade is a mainstream historical set in the 16th century, about a Dutch privateer turned Barbary pirate, which I have begun. I continue to research and write for the project. Rule of Love is a mainstream historical set in 5th century India, exploring the origins of the Kama Sutra's author - it's been great fun to research and even more to write. The Burning Candle is a mainstream historical set in the 11th century. The enigmatic Isabel de Vermandois is the heroine; she was the wife and mistress of two English earls and is a fun character to research and write about.

Very prolific, huh? Not really, since I've been writing part time while working full time for the past sixteen years. And now that I've got this blog...

No comments:

Time flies when you're having fun, or writing novels.

It's been a tremendous twelve months. A new job and health issues have impacted my writing time, but I'm still at it, trying to wrap...