Friday, April 6, 2012

Lucky Seven Meme: Sultana II, Two Sisters

The lovely Alison DeLuca at Fresh Pot of Tea tagged me for another Lucky 7 post. Here are the rules:


*go to page 77 of your current WIP
*go to line 7
*copy down the next 7 lines/sentences as written and post them on your blog or website
*tag 7 other authors
*let them know they've been tagged


This time, I have a few lines from Sultana II: Two Sisters, which I hope will be out early 2013.

Esperanza whispered, I don’t think I can ….”
Sultana Leila’s stinging slap cut her off. Esperanza clutched her cheek, stunned into silence. No one had ever dared raise a hand against her before, not even Fra Rufino when she had once thrown his lavishly decorated Psalter into the Tagus River. 
Leila’s beatific smile taunted her. “You do not think, Butayna. You do not feel. You are a slave of this harem. Slaves have no thoughts or emotions. They live and die by the command of the Sultan and his family.”
Esperanza returned her attention to the brocaded weave. I swear, I won't be a slave forever.

Now for seven hapless victims authors, who WILL remains friends with me after I tag them: 
Kristen Taber
Anita Davison
Mirella Patzer
Michelle Gregory
Julie K. Rose
N. Gemini Sasson
Heather Domin

Show off your stuff, ladies!




2 comments:

Michelle Gregory said...

yes, i will remain friends. lol.

Anita Davison said...

Groan - how am I going to make seven lines actually mean something instead of a disjointed bunch of words strung together - OK I'll give it a go

Love from Hapless Victim No 2

Time flies when you're having fun, or writing novels.

It's been a tremendous twelve months. A new job and health issues have impacted my writing time, but I'm still at it, trying to wrap...