Thursday, March 22, 2012

Lucky Seven Meme: The Burning Candle


Here are the rules:1. Go to page 77 of your current ms2. Go to line 73. Copy down the next 7 lines – sentences or paragraphs – and post them as they’re written. No cheating.4. Tag 7 other authors.

Tara Chevrestt at the Book Babe blog tagged me so I'm tossing out a few lines from my current medieval, The Burning Candle...


“Who are you?” The woman clutched her rounded stomach, jutting beneath the embroidered mantle.
Isabel raised her chin a notch. “The Comtesse de Meulan, wife to Robert de Beaumont.” She waited in silent expectation for her guests to reveal their identities.
Beneath the folds of a pale blue couvrechef, the noblewoman’s face grew flushed before she groaned and bowed her head.
“Is there a wise woman in the village?” The words seemed wrenched from the depths of her.


Have to think of seven people whom I should victimize tag. Hmmm...

2 comments:

Alison DeLuca said...

Well, that is an excellent tease! Now I must read The Burning Candle.

Lisa J Yarde said...

Thanks, Alisson, I hope people find it interesting.

Time flies when you're having fun, or writing novels.

It's been a tremendous twelve months. A new job and health issues have impacted my writing time, but I'm still at it, trying to wrap...